Monday, April 4, 2011

Culture Shock

While in class, Bonnie and I discovered the perfect remedy to culture shock. See here's the plan: we're going to stock up on bread, mango's, pack a joke book and then...we will weep together. All irritations will subsequently be swallowed up in the joy of corny one-liners and tears. It's fail proof!

We really have no idea what to do, but it sounded like a good idea. Sometimes I think "get me out of Provo and over to India pronto!". Then we talk about stuff like culture shock and I remember it's probably better this process goes a little slower. I'm actually glad we talked/read about cs, otherwise we may break into fits of uncontrollable sobs with no plausible explanation. At least we know what to look out for now. And who knows, maybe we can add some more things to that list by the time we go home.

Whatever happens in the field, I'm sure we'll learn a lot. There's always a silver lining, right?

1 comment:

  1. Being able to rely on your group and good friends like Bonnie at stressful times will certainly be a big help!

    ReplyDelete