Friday, April 1, 2011

"Life by Passion"

Again I sit in front of the computer and wonder what to write. I don't know how columnists do it everyday...or comic strip writers for that matter (have you ever wondered how they can be so funny everyday of their lives?). Props to the literarily inclined. On a different note, this morning I went to the funeral of a good friend's husband. He was one of those incredible people that really lives and loves life, so it was fun to hear stories of him. As I sat there, I was inspired. "Life by Passion" is what it says on the wristbands they had made for him - and it's perfect because together he and his wife are the definition of living by passion. It's ironic that sometimes the Lord reminds us to live through death. I'm grateful for people who live, love, laugh, and inspire...they remind us that this life is one heck of a ride, so enjoy it.

My brother once told me to "live life intentionally" and be "awake". Sometimes I think we forget to wake up...and then the unexpected events shake us from drudgery. So I say it's time to embrace sporadic - be a nut, go to India, skydive, smile, make a friend. Whatever it is, do it and mean it. Heck! We're going on a field study! I am so stoked!!! Let's live it up :)

1 comment:

  1. "Mindfulness" is a key principle in Buddhism ... one you may want to explore more while you're in the field since it seems to be something you value a great deal yourself.

    ReplyDelete