Monday, March 28, 2011

Helping, Fixing, or Serving

Today I decided to read the "helping, fixing, or serving" article again. I like the article and most of it rings true to me, however I found myself disagreeing with one of the author's points today. She said "serving makes us aware of our wholeness and its power. The wholeness in us serves the wholeness in others". I've never felt more humbled than those times when I want to serve the most. What about the times when you wish you could serve but don't know how? I agree that service is "a relationship between equals" but I don't feel like we are "whole" pieces. We are different pieces of something that is whole, and as we serve together we find another piece to that puzzle. When I think of someone who's whole, I think of someone who always knows what to say and when to say it, or what to do - but I have never met that person. Solutions are found when we work together because we are more complete together. Service is rendered in weakness and God magnifies it.

1 comment:

  1. Some beautiful thoughts, Megan. I guess the important thing is to at least recognize the equality with those we serve, but maybe "wholeness" is a whole different question?

    ReplyDelete